04.24.14

2855/p1463591353_2284.jpg

FACULTY

Gretta Glode  - - - - - - - - - - Kindergarten and First
Mary Lou Davis - - - - - - - - - - Second and Third
Jeannetta Sloan - - - - - - - - - - Fourth and Fifth

The new North Ward Building, completed in December 1930, is one of the most beautiful and modern grade buildings to be found anywhere.  In addition to brick and concrete fireproof construction and scientifically arranged classrooms, there is a large, well lighted basement room which serves as play room, community room, or auditorium with an excellent stage and curtain.  The old North Side building, long a land mark, has been completely dismantled and removed, the yards leveled for landscaping and with the start made by the Chinese Elm Trees already planted, the new building and premises will soon be one of the beauty spots of the town.  The addition of this building to the system makes an elementary school available in each of the three wards with provision for the children from the kindergarten on through the sixth grade.