- Riding the bus is a privilege and pupils riding buses must obey all rules and regulations.
- The driver is in charge of the bus and students shall render him/her the same respect and courtesy given a teacher.
- While waiting for the bus:
- Get to your bus stop 5 minutes early.
- Stay back from the edge of the road.
- Stand quietly-respect other people’s property.
- Do not push.
- Do not throw objects.
- Stragglers will be left behind as the driver has a schedule to maintain.
- Wait until the bus comes to a stop before attempting to get on.
- When boarding or leaving the bus:
- Step on and off quickly and quietly.
- No pushing or shoving.
- Watch your step.
- Cross properly in front of the bus only.
- Stop before you cross the open road area and look at the driver.
- Beware of passing cars.
- While on the Bus:
- Do not do anything which distracts the driver’s attention.
- Remain seated until the bus stops.
- Keep feet and articles out of the aisles.
- Never throw objects.
- Keep head and arms inside the bus.
- Help keep the bus clean.
- Be quiet when crossing railroad tracks.
- Do not shout, whistle or gesture from the bus windows.
- Eating or drinking on the bus is not permitted.
- Students must sit three (2) in an individual seat when necessary and move over to make room for others.
- Use of tobacco is not permitted.
- The rear door must never be opened except in cases of emergency.
- Glass containers are not allowed.
- Do not bring objects which will impair/obstruct the driver’s vision/view.
- In case of emergency:
- Remain calm.
- Listen for the driver’s instructions.
- Exit promptly.
- Students who deface the bus in any way will pay for the damage and cannot ride the bus until arrangements have been made to pay for such damages.
- Students failing to follow the above rules and regulations will be subject to transportation disciplinary procedures. Disregard for the rules and regulations may result in losing the privilege of riding the bus.